Every development journey begins with a first step… Yours could be as easy as picking up the phone.
If you’d like to get in contact with us please use the details above or alternatively use the form below.
PROJECT AND BUSINESS ASSISTANT
Stonewood Homes is a house-building firm with an ethos of considered design and construction. The highest quality materials. Painstaking attention to detail. A focused and driven work ethic. We’re all about creating exceptional houses that stand the test of time.
As part of the Stonewood Group, we work in conjunction with our sister companies. This means we offer a seamless home-building process from first concepts to final fix. With a focus on quality and integrity the whole way down the line.
We have a vacancy for a Project and Business Assistant to join our small but growing team.
We are looking for a Project and Business Assistant with experience of working within the construction sector. Whilst the role will require a simple understanding and appreciation of residential development, being well organised and having the ability to work across the whole will be paramount. As Project and Business Assistant you will assist the team throughout acquisition and delivery across Stonewood Home schemes.
This role will report into the Commercial Director and be based in our Tormarton office, South Gloucestershire (Postcode: GL9 1HT), which is easily accessible and located very near to junction 18 of the M4. You will be joining a highly motivated team at the start of an ambitious growth journey.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posted: 23.10.20
– Support the Homes team in finding new development sites, site delivery, preparing sales information and aftercare.
– Search for development opportunities and maintain pipeline tracker.
– Assist in the appointment of the external professional team through the design and planning process.
– Arrange appropriate surveys and investigations.
– Maintain up to date trackers for all regulatory approvals and planning conditions.
– Monitor utility services applications, connections and legal agreements with statutory bodies.
– Update and track decisions and project specifications.
– Prepare technical, warranty and maintenance information for sales team.
– Take enquiries post sales and organise aftercare responsibilities with build team.
– Attend project and team meetings, producing meeting notes and actions.
– Support and help organise the smooth running of office and welfare.
Skills and Qualifications
– A construction related qualification is preferable but not essential.
– Experience of working in a support role, ideally within the construction or development sector.
– Disciplined and well organised with the ability to work to own initiative in a fast-paced industry.
– A simple understanding of development processes from acquisition through to sales.
– Ability to read, interpret and understand planning and construction documentation.
– Have a commercial mind-set and an awareness of the wider implications quick decisions and being organised.
– Good communications skills as you will be working closely with commercial / operational teams, land and planning team, other departments and external consultants.
– Experience of supporting the smooth running of an office environment.
– Secure Office 365 skills, especially with Word and Excel.
– Strong written & oral communication skills.